What to Ask When Hiring Commercial Painters
If you need a painting project for your commercial property, it will pay off to take the time to research the best contractor for the job. Paint Pals in Aurora are licensed, insured, experienced, knowledgeable and affordable commercial painters who can handle any sized project. Gene Coviello on Angie’s List recommends that you “Always get at least 3 bids. Ask and state the same questions and expectations, [then] carefully compare that all proposals have the same amount of prep, materials and scope of work along with all the proper documentation.”
How to Hire the Best Commercial Painters in Aurora
- What is their type of licensing & insurance coverage? It is essential that painting companies have a state-issued license, workers’ compensation and general liability insurance to protect not only their employees, but also their clients and their property. A reputable contractor should be able to provide copies of all requested documents.
- How long have they been in business? The painting industry can have a high turnover rate, so be sure the company is at least two years old. Ask for a list of references to get a better feel for their level of experience.
- How knowledgeable is the contractor? The best commercial painters will not only have a lot of experience, but will also be up-to-date on the latest trends, products and technological advances in the industry. They should offer relevant suggestions for your project.
- What does their preparation process involve? The final outcome of a painting project depends a great deal on how much work was put in on the front end. Preparation of all surfaces to be painted should be thorough to produce a smooth and durable finish.
- How much will it all cost? Reputable commercial painters will provide potential clients with a formal contract stating the project scope along with cost estimates for materials and labor. If they offer a warranty on their workmanship, that guarantee should also be included.
Although it may be tempting to hire the company with the lowest bid, be sure to weigh their level of skill and experience when making your decision. Hiring reputable and highly-skilled commercial painters like those of Paint Pals in Aurora will ensure a smooth process and superior outcome.